If you’re like me, you are planning some fun outdoors activities with your family this summer. Some of the best family trips I remember taking when I was a kid have something to do with camping!
Be it a full-on camping vacation or just a night out under the stars in your backyard, camping is great for making lasting memories with your family. If you are looking for a great tent to get you started, try an Ozark Trail tent. Ozark Trail is a well-known brand name on the camping circuit, having been around for quite a while. Ozark Trail tents offer a range of tents for various camping purposes, which include among others differing sizes of cabin tents for the family camping trip such as the 4-Person Tunnel Tent or for those that require a little more space, try the Ozark Trail 10-Person Tent , a true family tent which offers spacious accommodation for large groups such as extended family and friends.
If you’re a camping “newbie” here are a few helpful hints and tricks to get you started in the right direction-
- Make sure that you stay hydrated, Three to five quarts of water per day will prevent dehydration, which can cause headaches, nausea and muscle cramps.
- Even if it’s hot during the day it can get chilly at night. Fill your water bottle with boiling hot water, wrap it in a towel, and put it in your sleeping bag a few minutes before you climb in. This makes for toasty warm sleeping quarters.
- Practice pitching your tent before you leave. Even though Ozark Trail brand tents are easy to assemble it will give you peace of mind to know that you can successfully pitch your tent before you leave for your trip.
- If comfort is a must, consider a cot system and a larger tent. They require more room, but cots paired with pads and a sleeping bag can make for a wonderful night’s sleep.
- If cots aren’t your thing, be sure to at least put a tarp on the ground before you pitch your tent, it will provide a slight cushion as well as protecting you from dampness.
Camping isn’t everyone’s passion, of course. If your idea of fun centers more around home than the wilderness then you could give Ozark Trail‘s Express Canopy a try. It’s a great portable shelter that’s easy to put up and take down. It’s great for an afternoon at the lake, tailgating at the football game, or even just in your backyard at home. My personal favorite use for the Express Canopy is in the backyard as a sun shade for my kids when they play outside in the summer. There’s nothing worse than cranky kids with sunburns, and the Express Canopy shades them from the sun but still let’s them play with all of the fun outdoor summer toys like the sandbox and water table.
It doesn’t matter if tent camping or a canopy in the backyard is more your style, I think that we can all agree that Ozark Trail Chair or the Ozark Trail camping chair could be useful in both situations. They are both light, portable chairs that are weatherproof and comfortable to sit on. These chairs are great to stick in your trunk if you’re going to the beach. They fold almost flat like an umbrella and pop right open ready to sit on.
If you’re ready to explore the world (or just your own backyard!) Head on over to DealDash. There are great Ozark Trail auctions starting soon. Be sure that you have enough bids in your account to stack your Bid Buddy up to the Buy It Now (BIN) price. Just remember, if you don’t win the auction you can always BIN the item and get all of your bids back instantly. Good luck and happy bidding everyone.