If you’ve been paying attention to the blogs lately you know how to get FREE bids from posting your wins on social media. If you need a little help making your pics look great, read on.
Taking a photo of yourself and your DealDash winnings is really simple – you’re basically just taking a selfie of yourself and an item. There are a few tricks to have you and your item looking at your best, and the number one important thing to consider when you’re taking your pic is lighting. There is nothing worse than having a huge shadow cast over your face, it can amplify your worst features and make you look like you have huge bags under your eyes. The best two times to take your pictures is during either sunrise or sunset, when the light is low and the most beautiful. If you’re inside you should try and take your picture close to the window, because having natural light is best. If it’s possible try to take your DealDash win outside and take a picture out in the sunlight, it will make you look great and will show off your wins to their best advantage.
After you have taken your photo of you and your big (or little!) win head on over to the DealDash Facebook page which is here, and “Like” it. Then you can post your picture to get free bids. Here are the instructions from DealDash describing how to get free bids from Facebook:
1. Select an item you have won on DealDash to feature in the photo.
2. Take a high quality photo clearly showing yourself and the item you won.
3. Post photo to DealDash’s Facebook page and add a description which should include the following information: the item name, retail price, how much you paid for the item and a personal comment about the win as well. For example: “I got this $688 Garmin GPS on @DealDash. I paid just $6.08 and used 62 bids! Thanks DealDash, I will never get lost again!”
4. In the end of the caption, please include the following sentence and the link (See the picture below):
See how much you can save at: www.dealdash.com/join.php?utm_source=customer%20testimonials&utm_medium=pictures&utm_campaign=facebook
You can see all of these instructions and guidelines on the DealDash Facebook page here.
Other than great lighting, here are a few other tips to help you take great photos of yourself and your DealDash wins:
- Smile! Don’t looks so serious. One of my favorite tricks to get a natural smile is to think of someone or something that I really love, like my daughter…Or a huge DealDash win!!
- Try and keep your background simple. You’re trying to highlight your DealDash win, so keep your background as plain as possible if you can.
- Make sure that you’re holding or posing with your win in the most flattering way. If it’s a small item hold it up close to your face, and if it’s a larger item such as a bike try to get someone else to take the picture for you so you can either sit on the bike or crouch down so you and the bike are on the same level.
- Make sure that your pics are CLEAR! There’s nothing worse than a blurry out of focus dark picture where you can barely even tell what the item is that you are trying to display.
- If all else fails, get a selfie stick!
I hope this helped some of you selfie-challenged DealDashers! If you’re interested in reading even more tips and tricks on how to win, check out the “Tactics & Tips” section on DealDash. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!