Before we know it, the holiday season will be just a blur in our rearview mirrors and a new year will be upon us. In the new year, I’ve decided to take a look at my past year and make a few new DealDash resolutions. Take a look at how I’m re-vamping my DealDash style in 2018:
- Implementing new strategies – This one is difficult for most of us, myself included. I have a certain way that I bid and I am comfortable with that. In 2018, I’m making the resolution to try new strategies like: trying a different day and time, bidding mid-auction, or heaven forbid—late auction! You never know what will work and when. You just have to give it a try.
- Standing strong – Experienced bidders can be very intimidating but statistics show they don’t win all the auctions they bid on. Are there a few that seem to? Yes. Here’s the thing: More times than I can recall I have seen experienced bidders jump into an auction late and I will exit the auction almost immediately because the chances of me winning against a big bidder are usually slim to none. However, I have also watched these experienced bidders then mysteriously pop back out of the auction after just a few bids, and the other person wins. Silly me—I should have stayed in the auction and not been so intimidated. Lesson learned. I won’t be as intimidated in 2018.
- Investing more bids – No one likes to spend a ton of bids because bids cost money. I try to limit myself to a certain number of bids on each auction, depending on the value and popularity of the item. In 2018, I’m going to go a little bit further and see if increasing my bids results in more wins.
- Sticking to the No. 1 Rule – Only bidding on things you really want to win is the No. 1 rule at DealDash (other than always using BidBuddy, that is). It’s hard to do because it’s always nice to win an item to exchange to bids and have more bids in your bank. But what if your investment in winning items to get more bids fails and you waste your bids and then don’t have the bids you need to win the items you really want? That is a bummer and I’ve done it myself. But in 2018, I’m really making an effort to stick to things I really want to win 80 percent of the time.
- Shake things up– I have found that it is true with me and others that we are creatures of habit. We stick to the same categories and don’t deviate much from our “norm.” If we have success with bidding on items from the jewelry category, that is where we tend to stay. You will find by watching other bidders that they also tend to stick to similar categories: bid packs, handmade bags and the like. In 2018, I’m breaking out of my norm and trying my hand at other categories I have yet to try.
- Preparing for the holidays earlier – This year I’m starting in January. That’s right. By October 2018, I will have effectively stocked all the Christmas gifts I want in the closet by winning a few bids a month and putting those items away for holiday gift giving. The early bird gets the DealDash stash.
I hope you have some great DealDash resolutions of your own for 2018 and hope you are wildly successful in your auction bids.
This sponsored blog post was written by Theresa B., proud American, grandmother of two, major MMA fan, writer and ardent practitioner of sarcastic wit. Theresa was compensated by DealDash for this post.