As someone who just had stomach surgery this week I am bedridden for another few days. DealDash helps me from becoming too bored.
That’s why they call it “Entertainment Shopping.” DealDash helps in two distinct ways to overcome boredom. The first way, of course, is just by bidding and winning on DealDash itself.
I don’t know about you, but personally I can spend hours at a time on DealDash without even bidding! I love to look at the upcoming auctions, read the descriptions, and see what amounts of money that the item has won for in the past. If I decide that there is something that I want to bid on then I do a search to see if there are more than one of the particular item up for bid, and when it’s coming up. Then of course I bookmark the auctions that I have chosen so I remember to come back later.
I also love to look at the Winners section to see what kind of awesome deals that people have been getting that day, or alternately, who got in over their head and bid far, far too much for an item. It’s fun for me to see what people are winning as “first time winners” as well.
The second way that DealDash can help alleviate boredom, of course, is by enjoying the things that you win on DealDash! DealDash has so many wonderful things that can keep you entertained, even when you are bedridden, like myself.
A few suggestions on things that you can bid on to alleviate boredom:
- Video Games – DealDash has a great selection of video game systems as well as the games to go with them, and other accessories like game controllers.
- Board Games – DealDash sometimes offers board games up for auction. As long as you have someone to play board games with, they can be a lot of fun, and something that you can do from your bed.
- DVDs/Blu-Rays – DealDash offers movies on both formats, and in a variety of genres. I’m sure that you can find a movie that you enjoy.
- Gift Cards – What’s always fun? Shopping online! DealDash offers gift cards from a variety of retailers, and some of them can be used online such as Target, Wal*Mart, Toys r Us, etc, so you can shop from the comfort of your own bed.
It doesn’t matter if you’re sick and in bed like myself, or if you’re just bored and looking for something fun to do why don’t you check out the auctions and see what you would really like to bid on and WIN? See you on DealDash everyone! Good luck and happy bidding.
There are so many great items to bid on at DealDash, but when is the best time to bid on them?
I really think that the most important thing to do before you make any kind of bidding commitment is to do your research! Once you have found something that you would really like to win and you feel like you can commit yourself to going all the way to the BIN price if you have to, then start checking out every auction for the item you want, as well as similar items. I personally would make a spreadsheet detailing when the auctions for the coveted item (or very similar ones) start, bookmark them on DealDash, and then when the auction is over, what time the auction ended. By the way, if you don’t know how to bookmark auctions on DealDash, it’s really easy! Just click the little star in the top right corner, and it will turn yellow.
After you have watched and studied and took notes on these auctions you can get a better idea of when might be your best time to take the plunge and start bidding. Just make sure that you get your first bid in before the auction hits $5 or you will be locked out.
Personally, I have found the best times to bid in general are weekdays during the daytime, and holidays. However, DealDash has grown to be such a huge site with so many people opening accounts and bidding it’s really hard to say. I feel the best idea when trying to find the best time to bid is just to watch, watch, watch! If you happen to be browsing the “Winners” section on DealDash and notice that a lot of items have gone quite cheaply in the past hour or so, well, now’s the time! Load up that BidBuddy and have some fun!
So, DealDashers, that is how I decide when to bid when I want to get a great deal on DealDash. Sometimes the plan works out beautifully and I won an awesome item, and other times I end up Buying It Now and using my bids a different day. That’s the fun of DealDash, you never know who will win! So go ahead and check out the auctions and see what you would really like to bid on and WIN! See you on DealDash everyone! Good luck and happy bidding.
There are so many great items to bid on when you go to DealDash sometimes it’s hard to choose what you really want.
I really think that the most important thing to do before you make any kind of bidding commitment is to do your research! Once you have found something that you would really like to win and you feel like you can commit yourself to going all the way to the BIN price if you have to, then start checking out every auction for the item you want, as well as similar items.
For instance, if you are interested in a certain outdoor grill then make sure that you put every grill that’s even remotely similar with the similar BIN price on your watch list. You can put them on your watch list by clicking the little star in the upper right corner, and DealDash will save the auction for you so you can come back later and check it out. It’s one of my favorite DealDash features.
The reason that you want to put the other similar grills onto your watch list is that some people aren’t too particular about name brand, color, etc. and they are just trying to win a grill, any grill. You will especially find this to be true when people are doing their Christmas shopping and they are bidding on DealDash to pick up gifts for people.
Once you have all of these grills (or whatever item you are interested in of course!) on your watch list you should try to watch each and every grill auction, and take note of what day and time they begin, and what the final auction price is. That way you can get a better idea of when might be your best time to take the plunge and start bidding. Just make sure that you get your first bid in before the auction hits $5 or you will be locked out.
So, DealDashers, that is how I decide what to bid on when I visit DealDash. Sometimes the plan works out beautifully and I won an awesome item, and other times I end up Buying It Now and using my bids a different day. That’s the fun of DealDash, you never know who will win! So go ahead and check out the auctions and see what you would really like to bid on and WIN! See you on DealDash everyone! Good luck and happy bidding.
Researching the items you plan on bidding on before bidding on them can be very useful and help you improve your chances of winning. After all, research is one of the many different strategies which can be used to win auctions.
I know the days get away from you when you “intended” to do something. You wanted to research that KitchenAid Mixer you’ve been wanting but life got in the way and instead you may have just jumped into bidding hoping to get the win. One of the most useful strategies is to take the time to research the item.
There are many different ways research can be done at DealDash.
1. You can research the item by searching out the product you’re looking for using DealDash’s search functionality.
Once you search out the item you’re wanting you can dive deeper into your research of the product by making sure it’s the exact model you’re looking for by reading the description and see what price it recently sold for.
2. Another way to research the item you’re looking for is to see what the average selling price for the item is. This is a great research strategy to use and will help you know when it’s a good time to enter an auction. Take this KitchenAid Mixer for example. When logged out of our DealDash account, we can quickly see what the average selling price on DealDash is.
This helps you out in many ways because you can see the average ending price which can help you determine when to start bidding and conserve your bids.
Did you notice how one of those mixers sold for only $3.27? The auctions can be very unpredictable which is one of the reasons shopping on DealDash is so exciting and fun. The bidder silverado5 got a heck of a deal!
3. Research the number of bids you are willing to use in the auction. Factor in what the bids cost you and the final sales price of the auction. Make sure you stick to this budget and don’t overspend to the point where it makes more sense to buy it now and get your bids back. Here’s some simple math to help you determine how many bids to use in the auction.
Item value divided by price per bid = max number of bids to use not including final sales price.
4. Finally, research articles from this blog site and others like DealDashTips and DealDashReviewed for more bidding tips and strategies to help you become a better bidder, win more auctions and ultimately have an enjoyable shopping experience.