You might be surprised at what is hiding in the different DealDash categories. Let’s take a peek.
As fun as the holidays are, some people just can’t get into the spirit. Here are some tips to help get through the next few weeks.
No matter what the reason, be it Seasonal Effective Disorder, baby blues, or just a dislike of the holidays in general you have a right to your feelings, and you’re going to need to find ways to keep yourself busy during the next few weeks. Here are some ideas to start off your thought process.
How about learning a new skill, such as cooking a specific meal or food item? Everyone else is baking Christmas cookies or planning on roasting a turkey, but how about you learn how to make home made pasta? It’s much more delicious than store bought pasta, and you can make it as healthy (or not!) as you choose. If you have a Kitchenaid stand mixer you can make pasta really quickly and easily. Here is a simple recipe you can follow:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour, sifted (plus extra flour for preparing)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Place eggs, water, flour and salt in mixer bowl. Attached bowl and flat beater. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 to 60 seconds. Add more water if the dough is too dry, in 1/2 Tablespoon increments.
- Change out the flat beater for the dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and knead for 2 minutes. Remove the dough and knead by hand for 2 minutes. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into four pieces before processing with pasta sheet attachment. Take one piece and flatten into a rectangular shape. Adding flour to both sides. Be sure to cover the other pieces. Attach the pasta sheet roller to your stand mixer and set it to #1. Turn on the stand mixer to speed 2 and run the pasta dough through the pasta sheet roller. While on #1, fold the dough in half and run it through again. Do this several times.
- Adding a little bit of flour on each side of the dough again, change setting to #2 and pass the pasta dough through the sheet roller. Do this twice and then twice each on #3 and then #4. If you want thicker dough, don’t do the #4 setting.
- Once again, add flour to each side of your long pasta sheet. Change the attachment to your spaghetti or fettuccine cutter and turn on to speed 2. Run the pasta sheet through and with your left hand, hold on to the pasta as it comes through the cutter. Allow pasta to dry for a few minutes before boiling.
- When boiling your pasta, it only needs 3 to 7 minutes to boil.
You can get a Kitchenaid mixer and all of it’s various attachments on DealDash. Just click this link here and it will take you to the auctions. If pasta making sounds fun but maybe a little too ambitious check out DealDash’s Kitchen & Appliances section and perhaps you can find a fun new kitchen gadget that’s more your speed.
If cooking really isn’t your thing, how about using your extra time off from work (assuming you get holiday time off!) and do some of those extra projects around the house that you have been putting off for a while now? I can think of a few projects off the top of my head that need doing around my house, and I bet you can, too. If you’re really not much of a handy sort, how about getting a basic tool set from DealDash? You could get something like the Essentials 34 piece tool kit and have just about everything you need for a small project. You can find that auction, and other tool kit auctions at this link here.
If you’re more advanced in your handiness you could pick up something a little trickier to use such as a rotary tool set or even a hammer drill. Check out the Home, Garden, & Tools section here on DealDash and see what you can discover.
Of course, there’s nothing more fun than sitting down at your computer and just browsing all of the different areas on DealDash. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!
Now that we are deeply embedded into Spring heading quickly towards Summer my mind is on yard work of all sorts. Mowing, weeding, shaping up branches and bushes, all of these things need to be done.
If you’re concerned about emissions and your carbon footprint consider GreenWorks to get your yard work done. Greenworks has many different products to choose from – electric mowers, battery powered chainsaws, electric leaf blowers, and more.
The best thing about all of the products that GreenWorks makes is their products have a ZERO carbon footprint. The entire product line will never release an ounce of carbon emission into the air! Isn’t that amazing when we are talking about machines that usually put noxious gas fumes into the air? Here’s a fun fact that GreenWorks provided – Did you know that Fifty-four million Americans mow their lawns every weekend (according to the EPA), using 800 million gallons of gas each year. Also, homeowners spill more than 17 million gallons of gas while refueling. Mowing your yard can feel like following an old clunker of a car down the highway – you inhale gas fumes the entire way. Since GreenWorks products are powered by batteries and electricity you are helping the Earth by using these zero emissions products in place of the gas guzzlers.
Did you know that GreenWorks was a Pro Tool Innovation Award winner in 2014? A panel of judges representing tool professionals from across the United States weighed in on entries from top global manufacturers, and GreenWorks was selected as a recipient of this honor.
If you’re worried that such a new and innovative company might not make products as sturdy as some of the older “Grandpas” in the industry, remember that GreenWorks backs every tool with a full four-year warranty, and the lithium-ion batteries are backed with a 2 year warranty. GreenWorks has high quality products that are manufactured to last. That’s why they back every product with a warranty that’s twice the industry standard.
I think that the most interesting product that GreenWorks makes is their
20-Inch 12 Amp Electric Discharge Lawn Mower. Not only is it electric, it’s also a really cool green color! Worried about grass stains? Not on this mower you’re not! Here are the stats on this mower:
- 12 Amp Electric Motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass
- Durable steel 20-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-in-1 feature provides multiple options for grass clippings from rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capabilities for versatile needs
- 7 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1 1/2-Inch to 3 3/4-Inch for the perfect cut on all grass types
- Wide 10-Inch rear wheels and 7-Inch front wheels
If you would like to reduce your carbon footprint one step at a time, how about starting with a GreenWorks product? Head on over to DealDash and check out the upcoming GreenWorks auctions. If you see one you are interested in, go ahead and hit the blue “Alert Me” button and DealDash will send you a quick email when one becomes available. Good luck and happy bidding everyone, set your Bid Buddies and go out and enjoy the beautiful weather!
I have always been extremely crafty, I like to sew and scrapbook. You might be surprised, but when you think about it, crafting and being handy around the house go hand-in-hand.
I love to be able to fix small repairs, when we moved into our brand new house a couple of months ago there were handy things that needed to be done. We had to purchase and hang our own bathroom mirrors, put up blinds and curtains, and install door stoppers. Luckily for me, I had already ordered my The Original Pink Box 30-piece tool kit from DealDash. It had absolutely everything that I needed to get started doing minor home repairs, including a tape measure, hammer, pliers, screw driver tips, and more.
Here is a full list of what is included:
- 12″ bag with 24 inside and outside pockets
- 12-ounce hammer
- 16′ self locking tape measure
- 6″ needle nose pliers
- 6″ slip joint pliers
- 8 piece hex key wrench set in holder (SAE: 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″)
- Bit driver
- 19 piece 1” bits set
- 1″ extension bar
- 4pc Precision Screwdrivers (Phillips #0, Phillips #1, Slotted 2.4mm, Slotted 3.0mm)
The Original Pink box also makes many other products including a Cordless 10-volt lithium ion reciprocating saw, 18-volt lithium ion cordless circular saw, 18-Volt Lithium Ion replacement battery, paint brush and putty knife sets, and more! The Original Pink Box also carries a full line of tool chests and other great storage items.
The Original Pink Box tools are so cute, yet they are just as rugged and finely made as some of the more “masculine” tool sets. I love that there are tools made that fit my personal aesthetic without compromising quality. These The Original Pink Box tools even get my little daughter excited about learning how to use tools, she loves to help, and the fact that these tools are her (and my!) favorite color makes them all the more fun to use!
The Original Pink Box company is based in California, and tries to keep jobs in the USA by manufacturing most of their tool components here. They have even recently bought new machinery so they are able to produce more of their parts right here in the USA.
If you’re interested in owning some of The Original Pink Box tools – which by the way is the only full tool line with all pink tools, DealDash has you covered. Head on over to DealDash and see all of the awesome tool auctions that are coming up soon.